How can Africans in the diaspora support their family members in a more sustainable way? We are excited to partner with WIDU.africa, an organisation offering funding grants and coaching to small businesses in partner countries in Africa.
Are you an African living in Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Norway and Finland and looking for grants to support small businesses back in Africa? Do you know that you can apply for the WIDU.Africa grant to support an entrepreneur for a new or existing business in the partner countries? WIDU.africa is currently operating in 7 countries in Europe in partnership with 6 countries in Africa.
Africans based in Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Norway and Finland together with their entrepreneurs based in Kenya, Cameroon, Ghana, Ethiopia, Togo and Tunisia can apply for the grants and support small businesses back home.
Our partnership with WIDU.africa
We as AG-Career Hub have partnered with WIDU.africa to facilitate information sessions targeting Kenyans based in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Here are some of the events we have hosted in collaboration with WIDU.africa and other partners.
- Funding Grants with WIDU.africa "Success Stories"
- What is WIDU? How should entrepreneurs apply for sustainable projects? Input from Kenyan Widu Manager in Kenya
- Investing in Technology with Widu.africa
- How to start and run profitable dairy farming projects with Perfometer Agribusiness in Kenya
Keep checking our business events corner for more updates when the sessions will take place and book for the session and get to know more about WIDU.africa.
What is WIDU.africa
WIDU.africa is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). In collaboration with the African diaspora in Europe, WIDU applies an innovative approach that combines funding and coaching to strengthen new and existing small businesses in Africa, which then leads to the creation of new jobs.
According to World Bank estimates, members of the African diaspora in Germany transfer more than €1.2 billion annually to their countries of origin to support family and friends. However, the money is rarely used for entrepreneurial investments. This is where WIDU comes into play.
- Transparent and efficient management of the projects for all participants.
- The goal is the creation of new jobs, increased income and better economic perspectives for Kenya.
- The WIDU Platform is an initiative of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), implemented by the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
Who benefits from WIDU?
WIDU was developed for those who want to improve the economic situation in Africa sustainably. Specifically, the initiative is aimed at private individuals from the Kenyan diaspora based in Germany who regularly transfer money to their home countries.
Read more about WIDU.africa here: www.widu.africa