We are looking for a proposal writer to support africon's business development efforts within the development cooperation sector.
The role will focus specifically on identifying and securing new consultancy assignments and strategic partnership collaborations with international donors, NGOs, multilateral organizations, and government ministries. You will support the identification and development of commercial bids and expressions of interest/tenders.
About the job Bid Writer (Africa)
- Support africon's bid development process from scoping of opportunity through to submission
- Identify resources needed to successfully secure commercial opportunities, coordinate with internal departments to obtain these resources
- Ensure that strong organizational compliance is shown in accordance with the ToR specifications
- Review contracts or commercial agreements ahead of bid submission
- Work to identify the requirements for successful application and ensure that these are clearly developed in bid response, and the team working on the bid are aware of the requirements, criteria and expectations
- Support with the development of documents and agenda for weekly meetings where new opportunities are discussed and reviewed
- Identify and maintain new contacts and networks relevant for business development and project identification
- Document lessons learnt on bid preparation and share with other africon staff during company-wide meetings
- Manage relationships with external consultants and partners required to respond to RfPs/tenders, ensuring that the proper contractual procedures are followed for a seamless transition to project implementation
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/International Development or related field. Masters degree is a plus.
- 2-5 years of work experience in business development within a consultancy firm.
Previous experience in working with donors/international organisations in the field of development cooperation
- Excellent writing skills and proven track record of producing winning bids in the wider development cooperation space
- Strong experience in proposal development for a wide range of donors
- Demonstrated knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and processes
- Excellent knowledge of the donor landscape relevant to africon's core business
- The ability to review, summarize and present a high volume of information quickly and accurately with advanced structuring, writing and editing skills
- Able to communicate complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be fluent in English language. German is a plus.
What we offer amongst others:
- Exciting opportunity to work with an international team, collaborating with brilliant professionals to solve tough business problems for clients across various verticals
- Continuous professional development sponsorship
- Remote working flexibility and home office or co-working arrangement
|Apply to Position|