Opening Up Roche (OUR) is a programme designed to introduce young talent to Roche. It deliberately seeks applicants who,
for whatever reason, might not see Roche as a natural destination. We encourage all to apply, however, we are specifically welcoming students with underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Opening Up Roche (OUR) Internship 2023
The Internship is for 3 months, either full time or part time. It will start in June / July and finish September / October. The work will be based out of Welwyn (UK), Basel (Switzerland) or Penzberg, Mannheim (Germany). You will be working on a project that has a distinct start and finish, although it may well be part of a larger programme of work. Past projects have included planning for distribution of personalised medicines in Singapore; analysis of recycling options for medical devices; regenerating the training material for incoming hires. At the end of the internship, you will make a presentation to senior managers.
The qualities that we look for are an enquiring mind, enthusiasm and hard work. The internships are sponsored by a wide range of Roche departments including Manufacturing, Pharma technical development, Quality, Regulatory and Supply Chain. You will be mentored by a Roche colleague in the relevant department. Training will be available on tools and techniques including project planning, making presentations and data analysis. In addition, the programme will introduce you to a variety of employees who have interesting stories to tell about their Roche careers.
What we will be looking for in you:
- Students from bachelors / masters degree currently enrolled in university.
- All academic backgrounds are invited and science or engineering is preferred. In all cases you would need to show us your passion for Manufacturing, Product Development, Quality, Regulatory, or Supply Chain and how this aligns with your career aspirations.
- Can-do attitude with a strong desire to support patients but it does not mean you need to have had experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Self-motivation, proactive and an eagerness to learn and take initiative
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Some communication and interpersonal skills
Purpose - our focus on this first stage is to understand why you have applied for this role and what you will bring to the role to ensure team and personal success.
Cover letter & CV
As part of your cover letter, Roche is keen to understand how you would bring your unique self to the OUR program and your motivation in applying for this position. You should, therefore, provide responses to the following:
Why you: Choose a single example or achievement in your life that shows your unique self. Share a challenge that shaped you and how you overcame it. Tell us what makes you suitable for this role. Include your motivations and what specific skills you can bring to the Roche OUR program. Your cover letter should not exceed one page.
Please note that any application without a cover letter will be automatically rejected.
- Record a video Interview with 3 specific questions given by the Roche team
- Final one-on-one interview
Do not be shy - make an application! Applications will be opened until the 31st of March.