Burn is seeking a mission-driven candidate to serve as the Business Lead for BURN’s new line of electric cooking products.
About the role:
Burn is seeking a mission-driven candidate to serve as the Business Lead for BURN’s new line of electric cooking products. This role is an exciting opportunity to help shape and launch electric cooking across Africa. The Business Lead – Electric Products will focus on:
Developing and executing a commercial strategy to bring BURN’s electric products to the Zambian market.
Quickly building a robust team to implement sales, aftersales, and administrative duties.
The setup, rollout, and management of the day-to-day activities for Burn’s electric stove products in Zambia by utilizing a commercially oriented mindset for product piloting.
Working closely with the Kenya Electric Products Team (Nairobi) to implement prior learnings, ensure new learnings are captured, and ensure new pilots answer key strategic questions and support data-driven decision-making that can help scale the business successfully.
- Design and run a variety of market-oriented research studies to answer key questions regarding commercial strategy, collect user feedback, and measure product impact.
- Build and manage (from scratch) a large team of B2C sales agents and sales support staff
- Collaborate closely with a market research team from HQ, product development team, sales team, and customer care team, to ensure effective and efficient product development and provide detailed reports to support the development of sales, marketing, and communication strategies for all-electric products.
- Defining (in collaboration with senior management) project objectives, budget, timelines, deliverables as well as the bigger strategy for development.
- Analysing sales data to produce compelling presentations providing insights on key commercial questions.
- Manage the day-to-day project administrative requirements — organizing transport and logistics, tracking expenses and invoices while updating timelines.
- Coordinate team members, partner organization, procurements, schedules, and tasks to deliver results for project milestones in line with the project plan.
- Work together with the project controller to keep the budget tracking updated.
- Coordinate regular project meetings with HQ, develop agenda and send meeting minutes.
- Assist with the hiring, onboarding, and training of new team members.
- Role may involve travel to other cities /countries as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in leadership and team-building positions, ideally in Southern Africa
- 5+ years of experience in project management, program management/coordination in social enterprise
- Experience in building and managing successful B2C sales teams from scratch, preferably with FMCGs, Solar Home Systems and durable goods
- Experience in customer finance/PAYG
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong background in commercial & sales data analysis
- Be able to adapt to a highly variable environment and change the scope and focus with ease.
- Thrive in a fast-paced creative environment with a culture of experimentation yet value the need to organize and plan.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent narrative writer and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills — unafraid to speak up or take issues head-on.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English
Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
|APPLY WITH INDEED|