CES is looking for an experienced International Team Leader, Feasibility Study, Somalia/ Puntland
Start: Q4 2022
Duration: Short Term
Position: International Team Leader
Qualification: Civil Engineer/ Natural Resource Management
Sector: Water Supply
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
The objective of the project is to stabilise the water balance and increase the resilience of (agro-) pastoralists in Nugaal Region of Puntland through reduced soil degradation and erosion as well as the use of an improved water supply infrastructure. The objective of the assignment (Feasibility Study) is to support the Somali/Puntland authorities in designing a project for improved land use/land management in Nugaal region, Puntland and analysing both Burtinle district and the greater Garowe area.
Prepare Land Use Plans (LUP) for both above mentioned (potential) intervention areas including development scenarios and concepts for sustainable land use; Develop a coherent project rationale; Assess potential of suitable project-executing agencies and potential implementation structures; Develop a detailed project design including assessment of O&M options; Propose specific interventions based on the Land Use Plan and technical assessments; Prepare cost estimates, financing and implementation schedule; Assess impact and sustainability; Analyse project-related risks and propose mitigation measures; Develop a Results Matrix and Results Logic; Develop digital monitoring concept; Conduct climate change assessment; Conduct Environmental and Social Due Diligence; Conduct Peace and Conflict Assessment. Further fields of action will be defined in the Feasibility Study ToR.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master´s Degree, preferably in agricultural economics or a related field (rural development, natural resource management, hydraulic engineering, land management, or similar)
- At least 10 years of work experience in the fields as specified above
- Experience as Team leader for Feasibility Studies and/or other studies of similar complexity and ESHS safeguards implementation, particularly in post-conflict countries and/or fragile contexts (at least five comparable studies)
- International work experience in preparation of Land Use Plans, implementation of irrigation systems or similar interventions in arid regions preferably of Eastern Africa/HoA
- Previous work experience in Somaliland is a clear asset
- Experience in management and financial administration of donor-funded projects is required; specific knowledge of German
- Financial Cooperation (management procedures, reporting, etc.) would be a strong asset
- Proficiency in the English language.
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: International Team Leader, Somalia/ Puntland, No. 2223”
in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.