Are you an African living in the diaspora and looking for financial support to grow your business back in Africa? Do you know that you can apply for the WIDU.Africa grant and establish your business back home? Join us on our third session on 15.05.2021 at 18:00 hours CET on >>Zoom.
Are you a African based in Germany, Austria, France or Switzerland? The project redirects existing remittances into sustainable investments for start-ups and small businesses. The central tool for the project is the online platform WIDU.
What is WIDU❓
According to World Bank estimates, members of the African diaspora in Germany transfer €1.2 billion annually to their countries of origin to support family and friends.
However, the money is rarely used for entrepreneurial investments. This is where WIDU comes into play.
- Transparent and efficient management of the projects for all participants.
- The goal is the creation of new jobs, increased income and better economic perspectives for Kenya.
- The WIDU Platform is an initiative of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), implemented by the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
Who benefits from WIDU?
WIDU was developed for those who want to improve the economic situation in Africa sustainably. Specifically, the initiative is aimed at private individuals from the Kenyan diaspora in Germany who regularly transfer money to their home countries.
Join our workshop via Zoom to find out more ➡️
- Meeting ID: 882 6249 6904
- Passcode: 769160
- Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88262496904?pwd=aytMSVpaYk45SDJ1ZEJiMDhlMlJIQT09