For an upcoming project, we are looking for an experienced
Position: International Architectural Advisor
Sector: Public Infrastructure
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
The program aims at the overall promotion of TVET in Egypt.
The project is divided into two components:
transformation of two existing technical schools into Centres of Competence for renewable energy and energy efficiency, and
upgrading, rehabilitation and expansion of technical schools in Greater Cairo, Alexandria and Gharbiya.
KfW school-building standards will be applied in the sense of a youthfriendly, fully functional design. In addition, special attention is paid to increasing energy efficiency in the school buildings.
Within this project an educational and training concept for the Centers of Competence will be developed, including the cooperation strategy with the private sector and a proposal for the curricula to be applied. Training and further tutoring for the teachers will be carried out as well.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in architecture
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in design and supervision of international projects related to educational infrastructure (TVET infrastructure would be an asset)
- Experienced and qualified in the design field of gender-sensitive and modern educational infrastructure in emerging countries
- Proven record of concepts, designs, supervision, and quality control of school designs, with particular emphasis on the planning and design of state-of-the-art schools
- Experience with energy efficiency and sustainable building materials would be an asset
- Experienced in revising educational and technical standards for school buildings
- Fluently in English, Arabic language skills would be an asset
- Regional experience (MENA) mandatory, preferably Egypt.
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: International Architectural Advisor Egypt, No. 2107” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.