If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company of passionate and determined individuals with a singular will to win, Kyosk Digital is the organization for you.
Nairobi | Commercial | Full-time
Position: Purchasing Officer
Accountable to: Purchasing Manager
Effectively manage the supply chain/buying of goods from the suppliers and timely delivery to the warehouses at the best prices, in the right quantities and in time to maximize Kyosk’s offering to the market.
Professionally cultivate and nurture relationships with suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Payment management: Prepare LPOs from all warehouses for approval by Purchasing manager as per product movement. Send LPOs to the relevant suppliers and confirm deliveries; Follow and ensure minimal lead times for deliveries as per the LPOs.
- Purchasing: Ensure all the buying targets are met by following up with the warehouses for completion and achievement. Follow up with the accounts to ensure rebate payments are achieved. Negotiate for best-trading terms, margins and discounts
- Stock Management: Monitor stock levels in the warehouses and advice accordingly. Initiate prior stocking up for high seasons-eg Back to school, Christmas, End months. Add new items on the catalog/inventory; update inventory prices as needed.
- Supplier management: Update supplier agreement files and documents. Communicate expiries, damages and obsolete goods to suppliers for solutions; Handle official meetings with vendors. Compare and double-check market prices to ensure the best deals. Review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and purchasing best practice tools and methods.
- Data Management: Analyze data and reports; Keep accurate records of the purchases made in the business. Prepare relevant purchasing reports and meeting minutes; Reconcile purchases with Finance at the end of the month. Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Market Analysis: Continuous monitor market trends, competitor strategies, market suppliers to ensure alignment and know-how of the current market and industry trends;
- Work seamlessly with other relevant departments for the goal of the company.
- Any other duties within the purchasing department as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Skills and competencies
- Analytical & Logical Thinker;
- Attention to detail;
- Drive for Execution;
- Commercial Acumen;
- Honesty and integrity.
- Tech Savvy
- Relevant Degree in business and/or Supply Chain;
- Professional qualification in supply chain is a plus;
- Knowledgeable on purchasing functions with a minimum of 3 years experience preferably within retail;
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown;
- Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements;
- A good understanding of the retail market is a plus;
- Be able to meet strict and dynamic deadlines;
About the Company:
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at the farm gate “upcountry” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, break bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders.
ETG Digital Platforms (Kyosk) is building the future of the retail of everyday essentials and access to financial services in Africa, starting from Kenya.
Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Our digital ordering and delivery platform – Kyosk, ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
Click here to Apply>>>Purchasing Officer Nairobi,Kenya