The group of Johannes Haushofer at the Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is seeking applications for a Research Specialist
NAIROBI /RESEARCH AND INNOVATION – LABS /CONTRACT
Who we are: We are an advisory and research organization focused on advancing and applying behavioral science in the Global South, in pursuit of poverty alleviation. We work with organizations to build behaviorally-informed solutions to help scale their products, programs, and policies. Our rigorous approach to experimentation has generated impact in a broad range of fields from financial inclusion to health and early childhood development.
About the Role
The group of Johannes Haushofer at the Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is seeking applications for a Research Specialist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
The successful applicant will participate in all aspects of our work. We are specifically looking for a Research Specialist motivated to take on Malengo project responsibilities (https://malengo.org/), with a primary focus on project management, coordination, and growth. They should be interested in the mission of the program and be motivated to work as an institution builder, taking care of all the activities of the program, and managing the program's people and processes in Uganda and Germany.
Additional responsibilities include contributing to fundraising, institutional registration, and compliance, supervising the planning and implementation of field research, programming questionnaires, analyzing data, and contributing to grant-writing, academic papers, ethics approvals, and budgeting.
The position is particularly appropriate for candidates with backgrounds in quantitative social science and experience in project management and fieldwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, political science, psychology, mathematics, or related discipline
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Master’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy or related fields.
- Grant and paper writing experience
- Econometrics and programming (Stata/R)
- Previous research experience in designing and conducting field studies
- Previous experience conducting research in developing countries
- Interest and training in development economics
- Knowledge of German and/or Luganda is a plus but not required
A two-year commitment is required. The initial appointment shall be for a one-year period, with renewal subject to satisfactory performance and project continuity. The start date is flexible.
Applications will be evaluated beginning immediately and will continue until the hiring process is complete.
Click here to Apply>>Research Specialist with Johannes Haushofer - Kampala, Uganda