The role holder will design, develop and implement test frameworks and test programs for design, verification and production testing.
Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya | Engineering | Full-time | COVID-19 remote
The role holder will design, develop and implement test frameworks and test programs for design, verification and production testing. This will include writing test software to attain full test automation. The person will maintain, support and develop all production test procedures.
- Team Collaboration: Refer to Swagger, product, technical docs and developers' code when developing API test automation suites. Contribute to technical discussions about systems features, functions, and components necessary to continue the build-out of foundational elements to facilitate data exchange and interoperability. Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to identify automation areas to improve the quality of the product.
- Product Testing: Responsible for identifying and fixing all the failing tests in the API tests that run in the pipeline - allowing developers to merge code in a timely manner. Execute all levels of testing (API, System, Integration, Performance and Regression). Test complex API, web and mobile-based applications that reference database back-end systems and provide timely solutions;
- Value-Added Feedback: Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value-added feedback.
- Performance Testing: Design, develop and maintain performance tests to identify applications’ breaking points.
- Quality Control: Detect, track and fix software defects and inconsistencies. Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle. Responsible for decreasing the testing time and increasing coverage and quality to have zero major bugs in production.
- Test Automation: Automate E2E Testing using tools such as - https://k6.io/
Regression Testing: Responsible for automated regression testing for all exposed APIs and for all backend system APIs to be used for upgrades.
- Release Management: Responsible for the release of microservices - this includes ensuring various test types are executed before release.
- Any other duties within the technology team as assigned by the Staff QA Engineer.
Minimum Requirements and Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or related technology field;
- At least +2 years of experience in building or working with test frameworks using Java/Groovy/Kotlin;
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with various team members across the organisation;
- Some exposure to working in an Agile development environment: Scrum/Kanban;
- Experience with Jenkins or GCP Cloud Build or any similar CI-CD tool;
- Experience working with version control platforms such as: Perforce, GitLab or Github;
- Exposure to BDD testing paradigms and any of the following BDD frameworks: Gherkin, Cucumber, Spock or JBehave;
- Experience in front-end automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, Espresso.
About the Company:
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at the farm gate “upcountry” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breakbulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders.
ETG Digital Platforms (Kyosk) is building the future of the retail of everyday essentials and access to financial services in Africa, starting from Kenya.
Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Our digital ordering and delivery platform – Kyosk, ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company of passionate and determined individuals with a singular will to win, Kyosk Digital is the organization for you.
Click here to Apply>>Software Developer Engineers in Test