Become a "WPA scholar" and join us for your PhD project!
WPA frequently offers PhD scholarships for highly qualified and motivated MSc graduates who are interested to start a scientific career on water related research topics. The applicant for a WPA PhD scholarship must:
- Submit a proposal addressing one of the research topics open for application. Follow this link to see the “List of research topics” open for application ;
- Attach the "Confirmation of Supervision" from signed by your professor (please use this form).
- Be accepted as PhD-Student by the responsible faculty at the University of Hohenheim in order to take up your WPA scholarship. You do NOT need the admission as a PhD student before you submit your proposal to WPA but the scholarship cannot be awarded in case the faculty reject you as a PhD student.
- Most foreign students must provide English language certificates to the faculty during the PhD admission process (this can be done in case your PhD proposal was selected for funding). If you cannot prove the required English language abilities to the faculty, the WPA scholarship cannot be awarded.
- Select the WPA doctoral school "water for life" as PhD study program after admission as a PhD student;
- Be able to conduct innovative research;
- Be an outstanding personality and have excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Be able and willing to work well in an interdisciplinary, multicultural environment with individuals from different scientific, societal and cultural backgrounds and with organizations from the public, private and civil society sector;
- Be available for the entire period of the PhD program.
Next deadline for applications is 31 October 2021!
Click here >>>go to application information