Are you a young sustainability researcher looking to further develop your innovative ideas? Does your research have the potential to make this earth a better place? Apply now for the Green Talents Award 2020 until 19 May 2020, 2 p.m.
Tell us why you should become one of 25 Green Talents this year and take the chance to show us how your research is connected to the Sustainable Development Goals in your application. The award is open to all disciplines!
>>Related article: How a Climate and Environment Scholar won the Green Talents Award in Germany
Striving for International Cooperation in Sustainability Research
Every year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas from various fields of research. The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honours young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
As a successful Green Talent 2020, you will receive
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Green Talents Science Forum in October 2020, consisting of
- visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with exclusive insights into their pioneering research and projects,
- individual appointments with German experts of your choosing to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- networking opportunities at the award ceremony in Berlin with participating Green Talents alumni,
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of your own choice in Germany in 2021,
- exclusive access for you to the prestigious Green Talents alumni network.
Who can apply?
Eligible to apply are
- master students, PhD students, postdocs, as well as young professionals, with no more than three years of professional work experience (excluding professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree) and a strong focus on sustainable development.
- Applicants must prove excellent command of English and above-average grades.
- Furthermore, only applications from non-German citizens or residents can be considered.
For more information please refer to www.greentalents.de where both the competition flyer as well as the award trailer are accessible. Deadline for submission: 19 May 2020, 2 p.m. CEST.